The Company to Showcase New Displays and Projectors including the AF1 Series OpenPort Platform™ Displays, LFV6/60 Series Video Wall Displays and New Laser Projection Mapping Solutions
LAS VEGAS, NV, MARCH 15, 2016 – Panasonic, a leading provider of digital signage solutions, will showcase its latest professional display and projector technology at Digital Signage Expo booth 1519. These technologies are part of the company’s end-to-end digital signage solutions for virtually any industry, including retail, education (higher education & K-12), rental and staging, restaurants, corporate offices, government organizations and more.
“We are immersed in a digital world, so being able to empower all our customers - whether a retailer, government organization, university, or K-12 institution – and speak their language and provide them with the solutions they need to grow their business is our mission,” said John Baisley, Senior Vice President, Visual & Imaging, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “Creating impactful and memorable experiences through our professional displays and projectors that stand out is absolutely crucial.”
New Panasonic professional display and projector technology for digital signage includes:
- AF1 Series Professional Displays: Panasonic’s new AF1 Series for commercial signage applications incorporates an open-source system-in-a-chip (SoC) platform, enabling software companies to create apps for digital signage applications. Designed for simplicity, reliability and expandability, the Google-certified AF1 Series features an Android™ and HTML5-based OpenPort Platform™, and is equipped with a 1GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of internal storage. The slim design of the AF1 Series features a narrow 6.3mm bezel and is offered in 42”, 49”, and 55” panels. Additionally, the display’s 500 cd/m2 IPS panel assures off-axis visibility and supports tilt installation of up to 45 degrees forwards or backwards.
- LFV6 / LFV60 Series Video Wall Displays: With an ultra-slim 3.5 mm bezel and anti-glare (LFV6 Series) / anti-reflective (LFV60 Series) treatment, the 55” TH-55LFV6U and TH-55LFV60U displays create beautiful, seamless images for a range of video wall applications, including transportation hubs, control rooms and retail stores. Both models are embedded with a “Failover and Failback” function which maintains continuous signal distribution, even if some input signals are disrupted by an accidental operational error. The TH-55LFV6U offers brightness of 500 cd/m2 while the TH-55LFV60U provides a brightness of 700 cd/m2 for applications where high ambient light is a concern. Both the LFV60 Series and LFV6 Series can be installed using Panasonic’s easy mounting magnetic brackets and an optional auto camera calibration for fast, seamless, simple and cost effective installations.
Additionally, these displays can be operated 24/7, can be mounted in landscape or portrait mode, and are easily synchronized via an embedded USB port, enabling operators to update content wirelessly and efficiently.
- LF8 / LF80 Series Professional Displays: Panasonic engineered both the LF8 and LF80 Series of professional displays to provide high picture quality and versatility for mission critical signage applications. Available in 42”, 49”, and 55” models, both series offer high reliability using IPS panels with continuous 24/7 operation and a “Failover and Failback” function. The LF8 Series provides brightness of 500 cd/m2 while the LF80 Series provides brightness of 700 cd/m2. The LF80 Series also offers DIGITAL LINK connectivity, which enables 1080/60p video, audio, and control commands to be routed through a single CAT5e or higher cable for distances of up to 150 meters, simplifying installation, by eliminating the need for a video splitter. These displays can be mounted in either portrait or landscape orientation.
- LFE8 Series Professional Displays: This simple, stylish, robust and cost efficient digital signage solution is ideal for retail, public spaces and visual communication in showrooms. The slim design of TH-65LFE8U displays offer excellent visibility, with a narrow bezel width. The display enables simple, networkable media presentation, with a built-in signage player that allows video and still-image playback via USB. These displays can be mounted in either portrait or landscape orientation.
- PT-RZ570WU 1-Chip DLP™ SOLID SHINE Laser Projector: Making its U.S. debut at DSE 2016, the PT-RZ570WU balances 5,400 lumens* (center) / 5,200 lumens of brightness, brilliant picture quality, marathon 20,000-hour maintenance-free 24/7 continuous operation, filter-free and practical features that make this new model ideal for digital signage solutions.
Utilizing the latest DLP™ module for WUXGA resolution and a new-generation of solid-state laser diodes, the PT-RZ570WU has a four-segment Quartet Color Harmonizer color wheel that reduces energy loss from the light source, boosting perceived brightness and improving color accuracy. The combination of these technologies result in picture quality which exceeds that of competitive lamp-based projectors, making text and graphics clear and comfortable for everyone to view. It also features DIGITAL LINK connectivity based on HDBaseT™ technology that supports long distance transmission of HDMI signals and more through a single LAN cable.
- PT-RZ12KU Projector: This 12,000 lumens 3-Chip DLP WUXGA projector boasts 120 Hz** frame-replacement technologies and is compatible with high frame rate contents, reducing blur from motion to deliver a clear, crisp image.
The PT-RZ12KU also eclipses the competition with a contrast ratio of 20,000:1, making it ideal for large venue situations, due to the high levels of detail. The new PT-RZ12KU Series projectors allow for vertical, horizontal and tilting 360-degree projection enabled by a laser light source. With the multi-screen projection and geometric adjustment features, Panasonic emphasizes its focus on system and installation flexibility for its customers.
- Projection Mapping Solutions: Panasonic will also exhibit its new Panasonic Space Player. This revolutionary DLP projector combines the functions of traditional lighting and video projection to create engaging, projected visuals able to support a wide variety of applications and is ideal for restaurants, retail stores, museums and more. For example, end-users can focus on display descriptions and other information while lighting certain products, while a restaurant could project a menu along with images of each food and beverage option. Easy installation, 24/7 continuous operation, and exceptionally long life (20,000 hour light source) without the need to change bulbs or provide periodic maintenance makes the Panasonic Space Player a great solution for specialty projection.